Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

You know you are a nerd…

… when all you want to do is spend time in the library.

I was suppose to teach a biomechanics class at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance in London today, but it got switched to December and since I already had the train tickets I decided to head to the British Library because I have wanted to go there for a while. To get a Reader Card (not Library Card), you have to have proof of an address and signature, I was lucky I had a bank statement on me because all the other bills are in my roommates names.

I have been doing research for my literature review for a while now, but not much writing. It is just too hard to write at home or school, too many distractions. I was glad I had a whole day with no interruptions to write. It reminds me of the BYU library, quiet in some areas and social in others. The whole vibe is conducive to productivity. It may not seem like much, but I got four pages done. I still have about three to five more to write, depending on how much detail I go into. Alright, I did take a break to watch Glee on an illegal website, but there is no way I have the patience to wait until January to watch all the new episodes.


One problem: my camera isn’t working, so I couldn’t take pictures. (I stole these off Google Images.) But in the middle of the library is like an old manuscript room, called the King’s Library. It’s surrounded by glass so you can look in and see the old books. Very cool! I headed up to the 2nd floor (which is really 3rd floor in America) Science room. The chairs are so comfy! It was a good day.


BONUS: Starbucks’ is across the street so I can get a Caramel Hot Chocolate. Yep, it’s cold here.

No comments: