Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

COLD

It's gotten really cold here in Walsall, it was 36° yesterday. Another thing I have learned about English people: they turn off the heat at night. Does that even make sense? Why would someone do that? Don't they know that if the temperature is lower then you have a higher risk of getting sick (I got that from my biology class in high school)? My roommate rationalized that if your duvet is a certain tog then you should be ok at night. So now I think, what is a tog? The first website I went to said this: "The tog rating is a human-friendly system used to indicate the warmth of duvets, sleeping bags, etc. It is mainly used in the UK." Don't they realize you can die from hypothermia? So according to my roommate if the Donner party would have had a higher tog number they would have survived? I've already warned Dave that we will not be continuing this bizarre practice. Our rule will be, when we are in the house the heat is on.

p.s. Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: