Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

today's adventure

I had forgotten to get the super glue from Dave last night to fix the wheel on my luggage. He did a drive by to give me it. I went outside in my pj's, grabbed the super glue, then turned around to notice the door had locked behind me. Dave had driven off, so I stand there staring at the door wondering what am I gonna do to get in.
It takes about 20 minutes to get into the back yard (don't ask, it's just another weird English thing). The back door is locked, and so is the door into Rachel's room. I figured I could get into my bedroom window because I know it is not locked, just shut tight. We have no ladder, so I put the garbage cans together to try to climb up onto the roof of the kitchen. No luck, too short.
Next dumb idea, break a kitchen window. Here's the logic behind which window to break, which one is the smallest. The door window. Not a good idea because the kitchen door is not locked using the handle, it's locked from the top and bottom of the door on the inside.
Next idea, ask a neighbor for a ladder. It was too short, but I did get to see the roof was made of slate. This means, even if I was getting on the roof I was going to slide off.
Next smart idea, call a locksmith. The neighbor was nice enough to call a locksmith he had on speed dial, I think he has done this before. I went to wait for the locksmith at the front of the house. I don't know how long I had been there, my watch was upstairs, because I got the idea to send a message to my roommates on facebook about being locked out. I knocked on some doors, and no one answered. Bummer...more waiting. The mailman walked by, I asked him what time it was, 1:30pm.
A while later, I honestly don't know how long I was out there waiting for the locksmith, I saw my roommate Rachel walking down the road! Yippee!!! I was so glad to see her.

No comments: