Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's National Athletic Training Month again!

Last year at this time I was covering for my friend Becky at American Fork High School while she had surgery. Now I am in England working on my PhD (and getting married next month). Since England does not officially recognize Athletic Training as a medical profession it is hard to explain to people what it is. The closest thing to an Athletic Trainer is BASRaT. They are the British Association of Sport Rehabilitators and Trainers. I spoke at their conference last November and met some fun people, but it is a small group of people and not highly publicized.
Right now I am finishing my literature review on ballroom dance injuries. There is only 22 published articles about the subject, unfortunately five of them are in German and Italian. So I am writing about the 17 English articles. So far I am at 16 pages with over 7,000 words, but that could change with the next edit. After this I get to write up about the two surveys I have done and do a literature review on articles using ballroom dancing to solve geriatric conditions. This one I don't mind doing since my Grandpa Jensen died of Parkinson's disease and current research is using the tango to help Parkinson's patients with keeping their motor skills.
Gotta go finish writing!

No comments: