Pages

Monday, May 10, 2010

random pictures

Here are some random pictures I was taking as I walk to ASDA. Yeah I said walk, this is definately a new lifestyle for me and it is taking a bit getting use to.

There is a cricket field on campus, when I was walking by some kids were practicing.

A bunch of trees in the neighborhood have these flowers and they are pretty.

The tower again with the pretty flowers.
I am on the 3rd floor in the dorm, but they call it the 2nd floor in Europe because the first floor is considered 0 floor. The view looking down from my window.

The view looking out from my window. It is definately different than the brown dirt of Las Vegas.
I still am having a hard time switching time zones. I want to fall asleep at 8pm and get up by 5am. The gym on campus doesn't open until 8am, but I do have an office that I share with other PhD students, except they don't show up so I get it all to myself (which is good because then I can blare my Glee soundtrack). My room has a weird smell and the cleaners are suppose to come today to fix it. They turn the heater off in the middle of the night which makes me wanting my parents to send me my quilts sooner than later. No central heat/air, I have a radiator in my room so I have to open the window in the middle of the day or it gets really stuffy. Yeah, heat during the day, but not at night, where's the logic in that? It was Brylee's 1st Birthday last week and we all got to talk on the internet, which just made me miss Caimon and Brylee. But the best part is that I have started my research and I really like it, this is going to be fun. My surveys should be out in the next few months, so I am a little ahead of schedule. Yippee!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You're going to have such a great experience! How fun for you! Keep the updates coming. It's so cool.

Denae said...

I sooo want to go for my PhD - you're living the dream girl, go go! The floor level numbers always threw me off as well. The bottom floor is 1 - so strange. Jet lag is also brutal. Just get lots of sleep and drink Green Tea.