Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

9 days

I have been in Walsall for 9 days now. BTW, even though it is spelled Walsall this is Black Country and they have their own accent, so it is pronounced more like Warsaw.
The cleaners discovered that the weird smell in my room is because the shower next to my room is leaking water. Hopefully there is no mold.
I must have lived in areas of the USA that non-smokers lived, because I have noticed that there are alot of smokers here in the UK. Hopefully I don't get cancer from all the second hand smoke. Another thing I have noticed is that women here are wearing spandex as fashion. I can honestly remember the last time I did that was in 6th grade, but we were all following Madonna back then, there is no excuse now. Seriously it is ugly, why did they bring it back?
I splurged a little today. I was missing home, only because it was cold at lunch, so I went to Starbucks near the bus station and got a Caramel Hot Chocolate. In the US it is only on the menu at Christmas, but here it has a permanent spot. So YUMMY!


The fire truck

Fruit, Vegetable, and Flower shop

The Old Market in the Walsall Town Square
the Walsall Bus Stop

the old Guild building across from ASDA
this house by campus was built in 1893
the street I live on
street sign, I guess it's their version of dead end
the lilacs are starting to bloom
Welcome to campus!
go to the yellow thing, then go upstairs and you will be at my office
all the doors have this code system, this is my office door

1 comment:

Denae said...

Wow! I'm so excited for you! Thanks for the pictures. Starbucks always makes things better. Keep us updated!