Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Birthday 2009

Ok, I will admit it is my 35th birthday today. I normally don’t have a panic attack about the fact I get to another age milestone, but this year is a little different. I knew this one was coming up and have been in denial for a while, but I just can’t avoid it. I really do like having Birthdays because you get cake, ice cream and presents, it’s an excuse to party, but not this year.
On July 18th, 1883 my great-grandmother, Madora Laverna Rogerson, was born (yes my great, great grandparents gave in and named her one of those weird Mormon combo names, except their names were Sarah and John, so how they got Madora is a mystery). In 1918, when Madora was 35, she finally told my great-grandfather to get his sheep shearing act together and marry her and a year later, at age 36, my Grandpa and his twin were born. Since I am not dating anyone worthy of marriage, then I will be breaking her record. Granted it is 2009 and not 1918, so I am not considered an OLD MAID yet, . . . maybe?

4 comments:

Hal/Robbie/Pa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY....

WISHING YOU THE BEST
OF EVERTHING...

Denae said...

Nope! Not an old maid at all. I'm grinning when I read "not dating anyone worthy of marriage." Does that mean you wouldn't marry the guys you're seeing? Just move on from them to free up your time. Also you may always take a look at the list of "qualifications." I look back at the lists in my journals now from years ago and laugh. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!

AJ said...

Happy Happy birthday, silly goose. No worries about the marriage thing. Live YOUR life to the fullest and enjoy all the fun. I still need to call you with dates for lunch....have you seen my blog? I've been preoccupied :)

Glitzy Glass Stars said...

Happy b-day, I was checking who follows me, fun to meet you. HAve a great day!