Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

I love my husband!

Last week I could feel myself falling into depression after finding out the babies stopped growing. Nine years ago my life was falling apart, like everyone else's when the economy crashed, I went into a depressive state that took a while to get out of. Both of these situations felt the same. Last week, I could feel the depression coming on. I was just going to let it happen then deal with it because I figured that is what you do when you have a miscarriage. 

Dave took me to the beach over the long weekend. He made me eat, which made my body feel better physically. He drove me through a pretty canyon. He took me to church and then to the Mormon Battalion Museum in San Diego. He rented a car that had Sirius XM Satellite Radio and we listened to a really good devotional on KBYU radio by Scott Swofford. He drove most of the time so I could put the car seat down and sleep (yes, I can sleep in a car). He took me to the beach every morning and I got in the water even though people looked at me like I was crazy because they thought the water was cold. (On the last morning we saw a baby gray whale washed up on shore.) 

When we got home I felt so much better physically, spiritually, and mentally all because of Dave. I can feel the depression is gone. Anyone who has a husband like Dave, a husband who puts your needs above his is lucky. I am so grateful Heavenly Father sent me to England to find Dave. It gives me comfort that we are sealed together forever in the Jordan River Temple.

1 comment:

suzie said...

Teri I'm so sorry for your loss. Dave is a wonderful husband for looking after you and noticing that you were struggling. I pray that you can stay strong and look forward to a future full of our Lord's blessings. I miss you guys!! love you loads xx