Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

IVF

It's been a while since I wrote about our fertility issues. After we got insurance here in Utah, we went to an OB/GYN who has a laporoscopy specialty. He said it wouldn't be worth it for me to do another surgery because chances are my fimbriae are damaged and more surgery would damage them more. So we started the IVF process. Today we got our calender with the list of all the drugs and what days to take them. I started Lupron, which is twice a day, the others start on Saturday. But as we were signing all the consent forms, one of them gave a list of food we are not allowed to eat during the cycle: curry powder, licorice, prunes, raisins, excessive use of non-absorbable antacids, paprika, benedictine liqueur, tea, and gherkins. I'm also not allowed to take ibuprofen which is annoying because I had a massive headache last night, so I needed to get a prescription instead of Tylenol and Excedrin because they don't work on my headaches. Dave also bought Coke for me since the caffeine could help, but that stuff tastes like nasty cough syrup. Dave had to go to work, so my Mom picked me up from my appointment and took me to Sodalicious for a caffeinated drink, they make me a blue bomb shell (Mt Dew with yummy flavors).

The next couple of weeks will be crazy with ultrasound appointments, blood tests, hormone shots and other drugs, egg and sperm retrieval, embryo transfer, and waiting to find out if implantation will occur. Plus I am finishing up data collection for my last PhD project. Hopefully we will be done with IVF around Memorial Day and data collection around Father's Day. Wish us luck!

No comments: