Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Finals

It was Finals and Graduation this week at BYU. I kept having flashbacks of the last day of Finals in April of 1995. My brother and I were at home watching tv when this conversation happened (something like this):

"Are you done with finals?"
"Yeah, are you?"
"Yeah..........do you wanna go get shakes at Granny's in Heber?"
(we both look at the clock)
"Yeah! We have time to go and come back and pick up Mom from work on time"

So we head up to Heber, get shakes, then drive back in time to pick up my Mom from work, which was 4pm for many years.

By the time we got back home Corey's mission call was in the mail box. I know we got all excited when he opened it up and it was to Japan. I got my mission call four months later to South Africa while Corey was in the Missionary Training Center (MTC). I was working in the MTC cafeteria at that time so we were able to walk over to the big map and take a picture.

I don't have the picture of Corey and I at the Big Map, but this is me with my MTC companions, December 1995.

No comments: