Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Croatia

I went to Split, Croatia last week to speak at a kinesiology conference. It was awesome! I really should have taken Dave with me, but I didn't realize how much free time I would have. And I did not come back with a tan!
I didn't realize that they were having a contest between all the PhD student and I got 3rd place with a prize of 100 Euros! They judged us in small groups, my group presented in English. A few of the other students had a weird presentation style. They would speak towards the PowerPoint with their backs towards the audience. It was kinda weird watching someone's butt. I wonder if they teach classes this way? They didn't comment on the slides, just read what they had put on the slide.


If you have the opportunity to visit Croatia, I highly suggest it! I learned so much from the professors at the University of Split about Croatia and how they were from the former Yugoslavia. Croatia is joining the EU next July and the professors seem to be happy about the new opportunities for their students.

No comments: