Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Pilot Study Research

Before you can actually perform research you have to do a pilot study. It's usually to make sure all the equipment works the way you want it too. About a month ago I did my pilot study for my Viennese Waltz (VW) project and here are some pictures of what I did.

I am video taping ballroom dancers to find out the velocity of the VW while dancing to see if it is a potential cause of this neck injury I am studying. BTW, we have officially decided to name it Hyperextension Neck Injury (HNI). If you look in the bottom right corner you can see some dancers.

The less fuzzy version. This is in the Black Box Theatre in the new Performance Hub building on campus. My office is two floors up. It's a tall building.

You can see Dave came to bring me food and help me out. He really wanted to push all the shiny buttons on the control panel.
I plan on doing this data collecting in June and July.

No comments: