Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

What does my mother want to know about?

It's been a month since I blogged anything. I wasn't really sure what to write, maybe writers block? But then I need to think, "what would my mother want to know about?" Especially since we live so far apart. So here are some of the things that have happened in the last month.

We were redoing the YW board in the Bishop's office and I used permanent maker that bleed threw on the Bishop's desk. Dave and I found that toothpaste removes marker. Here is the after, we forgot to take before pictures.

I got more PB's. The first is my great great Grandfather John Edward Rogerson's, then my great Grandmother Madora LaVerna Rogerson Jensen, then my Grandpa E Q Jensen.
These two were done on the same day, 3 September 1901 in Monticello, and from the page numbers they were only done nine apart.
There are actually two for my Grandpa, one in 1933 and the other in 1939.

I have sent my literature review off to get published by the Medical Problems of Performing Arts journal. I have no idea when they will notify me whether they will publish it or not. So I am still working on editing the others so they will be publication ready soon. I should be pilot testing my next two projects soon.

Last week I was looking on FamilySearch and noticed that someone was trying to seal my Grandpa Riding to his second wife Mary. None of us really liked her. And she is already sealed to her first husband, so I'm not to sure why someone is doing this. So I notified my Dad and uncles about this. Then put a message on my Grandpa's and Mary's name telling everyone that they did not have permission from our family to perform the sealing. I told my Dad that they need to contact Mary's family and let them know incase they didn't, but my Uncle doesn't remember how to contact them. So we've done all we can do.

The company Dave works for, the RAC, was bought out by another company. You know when that happens things get changed. Dave was inform that his department was being eliminated, but that everyone was going to be moved to other departments by January. For two weeks Dave worked in another department on days, but then last week went back to his normal job at nights, but then was told this coming week he is going back to days for the foreseeable future. He is still in limbo until the company decides where he is going to be permanently and we don't know when that is going to happen.

My calling is 1st counselor in the Young Women's. I am always teasing the YW that they need to remember to flirt when they go to church dances. A couple of weeks back another YW leader heard from other church members in another stake that one of our YW has a bad reputation for flirting. Great, now I feel bad for encouraging the flirting. It didn't help that this YW had a boyfriend for a short time and he is one of those bad boys, or in this area they call them chaves, it was even fb official. It caused a stir for about a week, then died down. Everything is alright now and the good LDS boys are even asking her to dance at the church dances.

Dave and I were looking at the NHS website (England's socialized healthcare) and it said if you have been trying for more than six months and are over 35 then go see your GP about starting the fertility problems process. So I went to see my GP and they took some blood samples and my hormone levels are normal. Next week, Dave has his appointment with his GP to start his part and I am having a ultrasound (I think to check egg count) and another blood test to check more hormones. We knew getting married in our late 30's that there is a higher risk of not getting pregnant, miscarriage, having something medically wrong with the baby, or even a chance at multiples (yippee!). We even talked about adopting if we couldn't have kids, but the LDS social services website says you have to be married for 2 years before you can start the adoption process. The adoption process in England is so freaking LONG! After the UK government got rid of all the adoption companies that refused to work with same-sex couples, I really doubt that they would allow an LDS couple adopt. So if we can't have a biological child, then we will have to wait until we move to Utah to adopt.

We had the missionaries over for dinner a couple of weeks ago and they challenged Dave and I to do mormon.org profiles. Dave already had one, click here, so I made one, click here.

Is this what you wanted to know Mom?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Teri!
John and I had to do the same thing fertility wise... email or skype me if you want to know about our experience. frustrating, but resulting in a little miracle!! :D
my skype name is rebecca.western1.

xoxo