Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Normal!

I went to the doctor today to get my test results from last week. I did a transvaginal ultrasound and a progesterone blood test. The ultrasound showed that all my lady parts are normal and the progesterone showed that I am ovulating normally.
I've had all day to absorb the info, but it still seams unbelievable. I was expecting to have something wrong because it seems like a lot of women that I know have some sort of fertility problem, so I should too right? But nope, I'm normal. I figured that statistically at 37 I should have some sort of fertility problem, but nope, I'm normal.
Now it's Dave's turn to figure out if he's normal. I guess that is my new worry, we are both normal, but no kids. Is that even possible?
I keep thinking of my Great Grandma Jensen and how she got married at 35 then had my Grandpa and his twin brother a year later. What if she had this same worry? That was back in 1918, so there would not have been the modern fertility medicine. How would she have coped with these problems? Thank Heavens I live in 2011, almost 2012, and all the tests I just took to tell me "don't stress all will be good!"

1 comment:

Denae said...

Aw hon. Sorry you are stressed out. You'll be having children this year. It WILL work out!