Pages

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sick

I'm really boring when I am sick. Dave's had the whole week off and I'm sick so he hasn't done anything fun or productive except take me to the doctor and go get OJ for me. But it was his fault that I am sick anyway, he gave me his germs! He was sick for over a month, now I got it. Major cough and now my left ear is totally plugged up with mucus.
Tuesday for YW's they came to our house to register for indexing. Back in August the LDS Tech website announced that 50% of all chapels worldwide should have internet by the end of the year. Then Elder Bednar was here in September and suggested to have the youth have Family History callings because they are more tech savvy than the current older generation who are called to be Family History consultants (which is what he talked about in his General Conference address). So a few weeks back the Bishop called the youth in our ward to be Family History consultants. The internet is slowly being installed into our chapel, but until it is complete we have been hosting Tuesday night activities at our house whenever we need the internet. The Young Men where here two weeks ago, then the Young Women two days ago, just to register for indexing. Since almost all of them have laptops, they can do indexing at home now.
If you have never tried indexing, it's kinda cool. Tuesday I did draft notices in Hawaii for WWII and voter registration in California in the 1880's and the Young Women did 1871 UK Census records.

No comments: