Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Girls Camp 2009

So after months of planning we finally went to Girls Camp. We went to Frandy on the Kern River, in the Sequoia National Forest, in California.

Don't get between teenagers and food!



There are always two groups hiking, the slow and fast. I usually just hang back with the slow group now that I am a leader, because I was always in the fast group as a Young Woman. However, I saw the fast group ahead of me and all the other leaders behind me, so I had to run and catch up with them. When we got close to the top we stoped at the rock and took a break. We were suppose to end up at a cave, but didn't make it. We did end up at a meadow with a creek, so we ate lunch there and soaked our feet.


Megan found these weird green strawberry things. They were prickly, she had me take a picture so we could look it up later. Does anybody know what they are?


After the hike, all the leaders just chillin'. I was glad Brother Wobrock, from the Bishopric, and Sister T and H got to come!




On Wednesday morning we went rafting. I was really excited, but there were some girls who were nervous. We got to go down the river twice, on the first time we arrived at the only class 2 rapid and all I remember was rowing like crazy, then ... BOOM... I am under the water. It wasn't that bad, actually it was fun to get in the water. Our guide pulled me out and we kept on going!



Hayley (with the white shirt) and Lauren (black hair and black shirt) decorated their shirts. The girls kept messing up the word Giardia by calling it Jambalaya, Gingivitis, etc. They wrote it on their shirts AND spelled it wrong on purpose. Hayley is a really good artist, so all the other girls were jealous of her shirt.

No comments: