Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Enchilada Recipe

I did a YouTube of me making Dave's favorite enchiladas for my Vlog 30-day challenge. Most of this recipe is me making stuff up. My Grandma Riding came from an area in Southern Utah where the women made recipes up as they went and never wrote them down because they never made a recipe the same way twice.  

Enchilada Recipe
First, I chop up an yellow onion and green pepper (we tried it with other peppers, but they are not our favorite flavor), then I put them in the pan.
Next, I put turkey burger instead of hamburger in the pan, only because Dave's gallbladder doesn't like beef. Don't forget to put spices on right now. Sometimes I use poultry seasoning and other times it's either taco or enchilada seasoning. 
When the meat is almost thoroughly cooked I add diced tomatoes and red enchilada sauce from a can. I like red instead of green, because it looks better. Let it simmer and mix for long enough. 
Next I prepare the rectangular pan. I usually spread enchilada sauce all over.
Then I get a plate with a tortilla, add 2 scoops of turkey burger mix, a hand full of cheese (we use sharpe cheedar), roll it up, and place it in the pan. Repeat until pan is full.
Spread enchilada sauce over the top of the lined up tortillas
Add meat mix to sides of tortillas
Sprinkle cheese all over the top
Put in the oven at 375F degrees for about 15 minutes or until cheese is melted thoroughly.
Then gobble it up!


Now my Mom made enchiladas with cottage cheese and spread them all over the counter, assembly line style. I do have that recipe on a 3x5 card she gave to me, but I'm not a fan of cottage cheese in my enchiladas. My SIL Sara uses Mom's recipe because my nieces and nephews LOVE cottage cheese. Do you have a yummy recipe too?

No comments: