Pages

Friday, July 22, 2016

Mondays with Brylee

Monday I spent the whole day with my niece Brylee!


I haven't seen my brother's family for a year because they live in Oklahoma while he is doing his PhD, but they made an unexpected visit over the weekend. I picked up Brylee Sunday night and she wanted to watch the new Annie movie before bed which ended up being midnight! She would stop the movie to play with the kittens frequently.

For some reason Brylee and her siblings like to wake up at 6am even though they stayed up late. Thank Heavens Dave got up to watch Mickey Mouse with her while I slept. Brylee and I went in our pajamas to drop off Dave at the FrontRunner station then to do errands. While we were getting a tire fixed we decided to go to the new trampoline place near my house (Lowe's Xtreme AirSports). I had Brylee go to the kids area because I thought she was too inexperienced to jump from heights or into padded pits. One of the trampolines had mesh about two feet above it, which Brylee loved.





At lunch we watched Mickey Mouse again while I made lunch. My brother text me back to say they weren't going to join us after lunch, so we decided to go to Finding Dori instead. It was fun going to a movie with a kid. Brylee would grab my arm during the sad or scary parts and be excited during the adventurous parts. She loved it! Afterward we had a couple of hours to spare before we picked up Dave from work so I took her to see all the dogs and cats at the Utah Humane Society. Then Brylee wanted to ride Trax. Before the first stop some random guy gave Brylee a dollar bill, it was sweet, but weird.




We then picked up Dave. I gave Brylee my phone on the drive back. She took lots of pictures and videos (my brother later told me she has a habit of doing this). Later I noticed she uploaded a video to my YouTube channel, which I haven't even learned how to do yet. We stopped at my dad's to eat with the rest of the family, then on to Corey's hotel to go swimming. It was a long and fun day.


I really hope in the future I can spend more time with Brylee and her siblings, especially one on one so I can be the Aunt they could go to if they need anything, especially since I am their only Aunt. I am lucky I had Aunts I could depend on growing up, so I hope I can follow their example for my nieces and nephew.

No comments: