Pages

Monday, September 29, 2008

Big News

So my brother called me this morning at 8:35am to tell me my Sister-in-law is pregnant, I get to be an Aunt again.

Now follow the conversation:
Me: So when is the baby due?
Corey (my brother): in May.
Me: What!?! What is that, like nine months?
Corey: No, seven.....and a half.
Me: So when can we find out if it is a girl or boy.
Corey: At 10 weeks

My true thought is = Why are they telling me now? This baby is not even going to be here for a long time. I can't even go shopping until after we know it is a boy or girl. Good gracious! I can't even come up with dorky/bizarre names for the baby until I know it is a boy or girl!

When Sara was pregnant with Caimon we came up with bizarre names to call him until Corey and Sara decided to tell us what name they had came up with. So I called Caimon, Baz. I looked it up, it means "dangerous spear" in Gaelic. So now I need to go look up more bizarre names, but I can't narrow it down for another few weeks. Dorks!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Woo hoo! Another Jensen grandbaby. Good for them!

Brittney said...

Hey, heard the news on the family website. I know, when I heard the due date, I was calculating how far along she was in my head...not very far! Tell them congrats!

Corey and Sara said...

I feel I should have some editorial power over any "conversations" that include me. I told Teri we wouldn't know the gender for another 10 weeks (when the fetus is ~18 weeks).

Also, if she doesn't want to know about our next kid (whenever that may be), that is totally fine. She can be the last to know. I just thought I would be nice this time and let her be one of the first.

--Corey