Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

This past weekend...

... Dave and I went to the Temple because it was stake Temple day. I decided I wanted us to stay overnight in the Temple accommodation, then head to the Wigan ward on Sunday.

Yes, this is another weird picture Dave took. We ended up alone in a room with bunk beds, so we took the mattress' off the beds and put them on the floor for fun.
I wanted to go to the Wigan ward because Wrightington is in their ward boundaries and Jane Benson was born there in 1824. The Benson and Marsden families had lived in Wrightington for about 200 years when Heber C. Kimball came in November 1837. All of Jane's family was baptized by him. There is a story about the Moon family, but it mentions Wrightington, read it HERE. This is a story by Jane's older brother Richard, but you need to scroll down a ways. Richard was the brother Jane was living with in Parowan when she met John Perkins. I was hoping that someone in the Wigan ward would be living in Wrightington or know of some information about the town. But no luck, they didn't know anything. I was glad I went and crossed this as a source off my list.

No comments: