Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Blackpool

I think I forgot to say back in November (just as the middle ear infection was getting worse) I headed to Blackpool with Dave to go to the EADA/BDF DanceSport Congress and recruit dancers to be in my next research projects. It's the Friday morning of the British National Championships of DanceSport. This woman sat down next to me and it turns out she is from Walsall area too and she knew all the good ballroom teachers with their phone numbers, so I took them. I like going to this event, it's free and I learn more than when I went in May and had to pay for it. Plus the people that go are nicer and easier to talk to.


This picture is taken from the walkway looking toward the eastern entrance to Winter Gardens where the competition and congress takes place. If you turn around you can see the ocean, but the beach in Blackpool is not nice.

No comments: