Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Saturday Night in ABQ

I am in New Mexico for the RMATA conference. I did a presentation titled, "Why should I care about Performing Arts at my High School?" It was to help Athletic Trainers at the high schools who have athletes who also dance, if they get a dance injury how it affects their sports.
I came with my friend Becky and she scored us free tickets to the YJASTROS: The American Flamenco Repertory Company concert called Chispa.

BIG THANK YOU to Brenda and Ginny for getting us tickets!

This is the principal dancer, Mariso Encinias. She did this very cool dance with a shawl and long dress.

It kinda looked like this.


This guy is the singer. They do lost of clapping. Flamenco is very improvised, during one of the dances the musicians were basing their music on what the dancer was doing. Very cool! If you are in ABQ in June, go to the Festival Flamenco Internacional.

No comments: