Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Yummy/Funeral Potatoes

What is commonly called Funeral Potatoes in the Mormon community I call Yummy Potatoes. I refuse to call something so yummy a yucky name! This is the recipe I got from my Mom (I don't know who she got it from):


24 oz. frozen hash brown potatoes
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 small fresh onion shredded
2 cups sour cream (1 container)
1 cube margarine melted
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2 cups corn flakes crushed
2 TBS melted margarine to mix with cornflakes

Mix all ingredients except last two and place in cake pan. Spread the cornflakes over the top. Cook at 350 degrees for at least 30 minutes or until bubbly around the edges.


However, they don't have sour cream here in England, so I saw online to use cream cheese instead. And I had to guess on the cube of margarine equivalent. It still tasted good, but it was runny, so I think it was the cream cheese. I really love Yummy Potatoes, it's one of my favorites, so my Mom always makes it on Christmas day. Maybe she will make it for me this weekend when I get home? ;)

1 comment:

Denae said...

I am definitely trying this. YUMMY!