Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

more house pictures

Since the last blog I figured I would put up pictures of other things that make the house old, besides the fact that this is an old Victorian home.

This is the sink for the downstairs bathroom (a pretty rare thing for a Victorian home to have, 2 bathrooms). I like the design, it's pretty.

The door window has a pretty etching.
Yes the washer is in the kitchen and it is small.
This is the water heater.
This is the bathroom doorknob and lock. The lock doesn't work and yes that is a bobby pin that is keeping the knob together.
Kitchen sink. I told my roommate Rachel that we have two sinks in the USA and she says, "Why do you need two sinks?" Why don't you need to sinks? English people do not rinse the soap off the dishes after they washed them. Gross!
This is the upstairs bathroom sink. It looks exactly like the bathroom sink in my Grandpa and Grandma Riding's house, which was built in the 1930's. It's time to upgrade.
This is the shower water heater. Don't ask how it works, I've read the instruction manual and it made me more confused. Anybody seen one of these before?
Yep that is a radiator! Not only that, but my landload calls this central heating.

Friday night Dave and I babysat for our friend's kids. One of them was sick, therefore Dave and I got sick. Saturday was bad for me and today is Dave's bad day. Since my roommates refuse to turn the heat on, I had Dave pick me up so I could stay warm at his flat. So I took a picture of his tv. Another example of "boys and their toys".

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Fun pics and info! I remember one of my NZ friends and I discussing (while in Fiji), how do you get warm water to wash your hands when the hot and cold taps are so far away from each other? It's one or the other!