Pages

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I hate socialized medicine!

After a little experience at the Dr's office today I must say I HATE socialized medicine!!! I already didn't think it was a good idea and now I know it is a bad idea.
So I was comparing US vs UK health care in my head after the visit (walking home since I have no car) and came up with a couple of things that I thought should be fix in the US:
1- Some things are expensive, especially if you have no insurance.
2- Pre-existing conditions need to be covered by insurance (under Obamacare they are).
3- Homeopathic or alternative medicine needs to be covered by insurance (I'm not sure if this is under Obamacare).

That's all I came up with that needs to be fixed with American health care. Do you have more?
Before I completely trash socialized medicine I will follow through and give the full story at a later date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm anxious to hear the whole story as I'm curious about socialized medicine as well. Asking all my UK friends about it, they will complain but will also say that they appreciate having NHS so...hard to say.