Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Kittens

Back in June one of the ballroom dancers posted on facebook that she and her husband found kittens and their mommy under the house they were renting. I went over and was going to take all of them, but the mommy did not want to come. She was too use to wandering the neighborhood. So I took all four kittens to finish raising them until they were old enough to be adopted into a good home.

They loved to dig into the seams of the bed when they were little.


 They loved to play together

Can you find the kittens?

 They are still unsure about how to jump off the couch at this point.

It's funny how they will sleep in any position.

We had blocked off the kitchen while they were still learning how to use the litter box to make it easier to clean up the messes. However, this little girl, Dave named her Steve McQueen, because she liked to find the escape routes. We ended up changing the blockades several times since there are no doors.



The last blockade became tall because of their gradual jumping ability.

Eventually we let them in the living room and covered the couch so the fur didn't make my allergies bad. I loved how they sleep in funny positions.


And they like to snuggle

Me and Mittens



Goldy does like to sleep on the kitchen floor like this.

On their last day together I thought I would try to get a picture of all of them together. No such luck! 

The white and black one was the leader of the pack (Steve McQueen, girl).
We had to drive Steve up to Snowville, Utah to meet her new owner because she was going to live in Idaho.
The orange striped one my nephew named Goldy (boy).

 Then there were two black ones with white paws and belly. 
The runt of the litter my nephew named Mittens (boy) and 
the bigger black kitten we names Peke (girl) because she can jump high.
Peke was adopted by someone from Provo.

I made my dad take Mittens. My dad has been lonely since my Mom's death, so I made him take a kitten. Last week he called me to tell me how much he appreciated having Mittens. It has helped so much! 


Our next door neighbors were going to take Goldy, but they couldn't decide if they really wanted him. So Dave and I decided we were going to keep him. Last week we took him to the vet to have his first shots and get neutered. 

I am allergic to cats. Before we got married I made Dave get rid of his cat because of my allergy. Now that we own our own home and we have a backyard, plus I belong to a infertility support group on facebook and some of the women have stated how having a pet has helped with their pain. They are right. Having Goldy is so amazing! He follows me around everywhere, even when I go to the bathroom. My allergy is getting less severe. He even sleeps in our bed.

 He likes that spot between our pillows. 

No comments: