Pages

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

We Bought a House

The week before Mom died we got outbid on a house. I was kinda bummed about it. My Aunt Kathy is our realtor, she found out afterward that it was a meth house, so we dodged a bullet. It would have been costly to clean the house before we could move in.

Two days after my Mom's funeral we met with Aunt Kathy and Uncle Phil to look for another house. It just doesn't feel the same at my parents' home without my Mom. We didn't feel comfortable there, plus we were only there to save to buy a house. We found a house near the Frontrunner station and put a bid on it. It was accepted and we moved in on 20 Dec 2014. My dad had told Dave that he wanted us to move out the day of my Mother's death, but the week we moved out I could tell he was dreading our move. This would be the first time he had ever lived by himself. My dad moved out of my Grandparents' house only when he married my Mom.

Dave is really excited that we own a house. It would have taken about 10 years of saving and scrimping to have enough for a down payment on a house in England. One of the benefits of living in America.

Dave found a picture online of our house:
It's gray now and the big tree in front is gone. I don't know what they did with the yard, but it's full of all kinds of weeds. I wish I knew more about botany so I could name all the variety of weeds. This past week we sprayed weed killer for the front yard, it is slowly dying.  

I dug out all the sticker weeds and around the front yard. I found the sprinkler heads, but they don't work. Hopefully we will get rid of all of the weeds and be able to plant flowers, vegetables, and grass next year.

1 comment:

AJ said...

I want to come see your new place!