Pages

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

IVF Result

I've came to my blog several times over the past month and wanted to write something, but I don't know how to write it. My heart is broken, but it's healing. Since I'm not injecting myself with estrogen anymore, I cry whenever I miss our embryo. I love my husband. We were so close. Even though we only had one egg, it was fertilized and it multiplied into 8 cells when it was transferred to my uterus, but our embryo decided not to attach to my uterine wall. After the transfer I would talk to our embryo and rub my tummy so that our embryo would want to stick around and get to know Dave and I. There was only a 30% chance of success. Maybe next time. When I was in the shot class the woman sitting next to me said she had done IVF six times. I thought she was crazy, but not now. I would totally do six IVF cycles to try for a baby. We had our follow up with the fertility dr and she said there is a new protocol for women over 37 years old. But we decided to buy a house and let me finish my PhD. So the next cycle will probably not be until January at the soonest, if we can get enough money. The insurance company is only going to cover about $1000, so we have to come up with the rest. Wish us good luck for next time.

No comments: