Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

PhD trip

I landed in Manchester (Air France lost my luggage) and headed to Blackpool for a DanceSport congress. I had to take a picture of the Preston train station just for my Mom. The line of ancestors my Mom has been researching are from Preston.

On the same day, from Blackpool I headed to Birmingham for the Imagine Dragons concert. Dave and I saw them in Oxford last year, but their showmanship is getting tons better!

During the week I took a day to go to London.

Of course I had to take a picture of the magic Platform! 

Then I had dinner with Carla, my mission companion who lives in London. We ate at a fun restaurant in Leicester Square. Yes the chairs do swing!

Street performers in Leicester Square

The day after Thanksgiving I defended my PhD, then I headed back to Wanda's to pack my luggage (Air France finally sent my luggage to Wanda's) with the stuff Dave had left behind. I was sad I had to leave my wedding flowers behind.


No comments: