Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Five Months of Updates

August
My former boss from grad school, Ron, retired in July, so I got a job. I just do his teaching responsibilities; Dance 230 Conditioning and Injury Prevention.
Dave had an interview with BYU housing, but he didn't get the job.

September
Dave finally decided to buy his plane ticket and move to America. His green card arrived in July. Then he had to sell our stuff or give it away in Walsall.

October
Dave arrived in Las Vegas, I drove down to pick him up and we spent the night there and drove up the next day since I had to work. This was the first time Dave had been without a job in a long time, so my Mom showed him all the websites to look at. It didn't take long for Dave to get three job offers. I always knew if he had an interview he would get a job!
We bought a car.


November
Dave started his job at Comcast. I went back to Walsall to defend my PhD.

December
We are still living with my parents, so it was fun to show Dave what all our Christmas traditions have been while I was going up especially since we have been in England the whole time we have been married. Dave was surprised at how many people were at the movies on Christmas, we saw Saving Mr. Banks.

No comments: