Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blackpool 2013

Dave drove me up to Blackpool on Wednesday so I could watch the BYU Ballroom Dance Company compete at the prestigious Blackpool Dance Festival. (Click here to see my post when I went in 2010.) And so I could meet up with Rosemary one of the former BYU dancers who lives in England too!

Me and short Rosemary in front of Winter Gardens

BYU Ballroom Formation Team performing, it was a Disney theme

 Can you tell the girls dresses had LED lights on them? The crowd gave them a standing ovation, first time ever!

 Who would have guessed 10 years ago when I was Gioia's Activity Day Leader that I would get to watch her become a Blackpool Champion? Congrats to Gioia and her teammates! 

Gioia is the one in the middle in red, back when I was her church leader.

No comments: