Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Pray for a Miracle

This past week we had the follow-up appointment with the fertility doctor from my surgery. She told us the dye was able to go into the fallopian tubes, but not exit. This means there is an unknown blockage between both my eggs and fallopian tubes. There is no fix for this. The dr said the next thing for us is IVF. I looked it up and right now the success rate for someone my age is 18%. Because I have been doing statistics for my PhD I know that this is low. How do people go around saying IVF is this miracle cure when it has such a low success rate? I don't really want to do IVF because of this low success rate, but Dave wants to. So I'm gonna do it, but wait until I have defended my PhD, so probably September.

Until then I want to keep trying and pray for a miracle. I know Heavenly Father can do better than 18%! However, this is the first time I have asked Heavenly Father to do something that cannot be humanly done. Everything else in my life I have asked for was humanly possible: should I move to Hawaii for the summer, help me get into grad school, help me get this job, keep my family safe while I am away from them, should I move to England for my PhD, etc... but this,... no one on earth can fix. This is a real exercise of faith. Do I have the faith that Heavenly Father can provide us with a miracle baby? Or twins? I would love to have twins! My Grandpa and Grandma Riding had a couple of sets of stillborn twins. My cousin Autumn has a set of twins. My Grandpa Jensen was a twin. So here I am asking everyone to pray for this miracle to happen. Dave and I really want to be parents. Maybe we are being impatient and having kids right now isn't part of Heavenly Father's plan, but I want Caimon, Brylee, and Adison to have cousins to play with! So pray for a miracle so I don't have to have anymore medical procedures until the baby(ies) are born.
Thank You!

No comments: