Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Time Spent


The other day one of the 1st year PhD students asked me how much time do I spend per day/week on my PhD. I told him it is different now than when I was a 1st year. Back then I did TONS of reading research, writing my Bibliography Review, and prepping for my future research projects. Now I am:

·          Almost done writing my paper on the comments section of the instructor survey
·          Writing the appendix of my thesis/dissertation (depends on what country you live in)
·          Waiting for my committee to finish reviewing my hand placement project so I can revise and submit for publication
·          Need to start editing the video to send to the judges
·          Finish analyzing data on Dartfish
·          Start writing my submission for the IADMS conference, deadline March 1st
·          Recruit dancers for my LAST project by going to practice sessions, competitions, and bugging them on facebook (I only need 4 more couples)
·          Arrange with Dr Wyon, Doug, and Jim to have the Black Box prepped and get all the equipment I will need before next week to collect data (I have 2 couples scheduled) and request to have the heat turned on in the lab (yeah for some reason I actually have to request this, bizarre!)
·          And I submitted my corrections for my female survey to the JDMS today

This doesn’t include all the things I do during the day/week that are not about my PhD. (House chores, church callings, looking for a job, completing Dave’s visa, plan for the family vacation in May, helping Amy with her mission application, fertility dr, feed the missionaries, take a shower, think about dying my hair before job interviews, save money for move back to America, dentist, make sure Dave buys a new coat next month, invigilating, writing a blog post, make sure we have the flat spotless before we move back to America this summer, read scriptures/listen to Mormon Channel, how can I motivate Dave to clean the 2nd bedroom before I go crazy and throw out all his stuff, etc, etc)

Hope that helps kid!

No comments: