Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

One of those days

Monday was a little...exciting, stressful, worrying...with turning in Dave's I-130 spouse visa application and my nephew's school in safety mode.

We finally got the application all put together and mailed it to the London Embassy. I had to make a copy of my student visa to prove that I have been in the UK for more than six months so that we could do the application process through the Embassy or else we would have had to send it to Chicago. It's nice to know the application is done and out of our hands. Now to pray the person who reads the applications likes ours and moves us onto the next phase.

My cutie 5-year-old nephew is now in kindergarten and on Monday the police attempted to serve a warrant at a home near my nephew's school. The man aimed a shotgun at a police officer, so a standoff started. Neighbors were evacuated and the school was put in safe mode. Lock down is when the kids have to stay in their classrooms and safe mode is when they can move around in the school, but can't leave. So my nephew stayed at school all day and got to eat lunch with the big kids. I however got a little nervous when I heard about it. As a former teacher and current student, I have been through evacuations and lock downs for real and practice at various times. I'm use to it, but this is my cutie 5-year-old nephew's first time. He's too little, cute, and innocent to have to be around crazy people! Hopefully he doesn't have to do that again until he is in high school.

No comments: