Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

hand placement part 1

I am officially done with collecting data in the hand placement part 1 project. I traveled around England going to dance studios to measure height, weight, arm and shoulder lengths on male dancers to see if they are a potential cause of this crazy neck injury I have been studying. My supervising committee decided to officially call this injury the Hyperextension Neck Injury or HNI for short. I decided to give it a definition of "the temporary inability to hold the neck in correct dance position". Part 2 is inviting the HNI participants into the lab and have the female dancers (with partners doing their own choreography) dance with electrodes on their sternocleidomastiod and upper trapezius muscles to measure muscle activity. I won't be starting this project until after the big Blackpool competition in June.

I woke up this morning and Dave had done ALL the dishes and cleaned the bathroom. It looks so pretty now. I have been slacking in doing ANY housework/cleaning since March because of all the data collection. Most of the time I don't get home until after 11pm from the dance studios, then I enter the data on my excel file, so I don't get to bed until about 1am. Then I get up and do it all over again. Hopefully I will be completely done collecting data by the end of July with Part 2 and Viennese waltz projects, so then I can start getting back to a more normal schedule.

No comments: