Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

London Trip #1

I went to London this past weekend. Here are pictures of all the fun! I stayed with my mission comp Carla and we had adventures all weekend.

The first night I went to dinner with Gina (middle) and Carla (right). It was fun to catch up since I haven't seen either in a really long time!

While Carla and I were waiting for the tube I took some pictures. It's not an exit, it's a way out!
I have seen ads/posters all over for Eclipse and I finally took a picture. This was on the wall of the tube stop.
I love the Bourne movies. So, Carla took me to the Waterloo station where they did the beginning chase scene in Ultimatum.
Then we headed over to the Eye and saw a bunch of street performers. This guy's paintings were awesome!
This is on the bridge looking out at the Eye and Big Ben.
Then we headed to Trafalgar Square, the South African Embassy is across the street.
There happened to be a demonstration in the square that day.
Then we headed across the square to the Museum and saw some Van Gogh paintings. You're not allowed to take pictures inside or I would have a worn my camera out, too many pretty things.
That night I got to see Linda and her family, also from Port Elizabeth, South Africa. It's been 13 years since I saw her. I only recently found out she was in England. I honestly thought she had died, Thank Heavens I was wrong! It was so much fun to catch up and hear how they got to England. Definitely going to visit more often!One of the benefits of living in a small country is that everything is close by and a train ride away!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh!! What fun you're having. I was only in London for 3 1/2 days but loved it so much. It's fun to see those sights again! You're living my dream ... so glad someone is!!

xxoo

Denae said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time! I also love the Waterloo station.