Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Independence Day

Today I read a friend of a friend's blog and I totally agree with it. I realize I will offend people, but tough! I am temporarily living in England and I never realized that a government could have so much control over it's citizen's lives. For example, there are no electrical outlets in the bathroom, yeah I know it is silly to not be able to do your hair in the bathroom. I do realize what a privilege it is to live in the United States of America, but I didn't know that we had simple freedoms that other western countries did not. To take away the ability to use an electrical appliance in the bathroom because you don't trust your own citizens; come on, that is ridiculous! This is why I have slanted more conservative, less government involvement in my life. I want to be able to make my own decisions/mistakes and I take full responsibility of the consequences. (Yes, I did take AP Government in high school.) So I choose now to call it Independence Day, and if you catch me saying 4th of July you can do a slug bug!


p.s. Watch the clip from Jaywalking. It's Betsy Ross, 13 colonies, General George Washington, "The British are coming, the British are coming", 1776, Independence from England, Star-Spangled Banner by Francis Scott Key, and signing of the Declaration of Independence.

No comments: