Pages

Monday, March 15, 2010

genealogy

My Mom has done genealogy since probably before I was born, therefore I learned to like it. Henry Louis Gates Jr has done another genealogy show, this one is called Faces of America. They do the research for some celebrity and then do a DNA analysis. It's pretty cool. Now NBC has their own genealogy show called "Who do you think you are?"
So, where are your ancestors from? Mine are from England, Ireland, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany. One of my Dad's distant ancestors, Benjamin Twitchell, came to America from England in the 1630's but researchers cannot find which ship he came over on. One of my Mom's ancestors, John Perkins, joined the LDS church in the 1850's in Australia, but he is originally from England and no one has been able to go beyond his parents because they have such common names; George and Sarah Perkins. Have you had better luck?

No comments: