Pages

Sunday, February 28, 2010

shoes

My cousin Lisa wrote a informative blog (invitation only) about exercise, so I thought I would contribute. This weekend I bought some new exercise shoes because the tread on the old ones were gone. When I worked in physical therapy clinics my patients would ask me which shoes they should wear for exercise. To be honest, I don't know. My advise was always go to a shoe store that has a variety of brands and lots of them, try on every single shoe until you find one that fits and feels good. My personal favorite store is Ossine Shoes @ 7576 Redwood Road West Jordan, UT 84084. The reason I don't know is because everyone's feet are different. My feet are narrow so I fit best in Nike's, but my Mom's side of the family has wide feet (I think my Grandpa had to buy extra wide shoes). Last year when I lived in California I was at the Nike Outlet and tried on a bunch of new shoes and found that my feet love the Air Pegasus Bowerman Series shoe. It's like walking on clouds. This was the best shoe I had ever worn! Since companies don't always make the same shoe for years in a row I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get it again or even get the Air Pegasus when I move to England. I was at the Salt Lake Community College this week for the Girls State Basketball tournament, so I stopped by Ossine and they had the Air Pegasus and they were on sale! Yippee!!! Nike makes weird color combo shoes, so I got over being matching with any outfit a while ago.

Last year's shoes.
On vacation in Waterton (the bridge at Bertha Falls).

New shoes (Yeah I usually favor blue, GO COUGS!)

2 comments:

Denae said...

Love your new shoes! My feet like New Balances but I haven't tried on tennies in a while.

Teri's Blog said...

New Balances are good too.