Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2009

sportsmanship

I recently moved to Santa Maria, CA and now working at Righetti High School. On my second day of work I was covering a JV wrestling tournament. One of the boys from the Righetti team came up to me to say what I thought he was describing his injury so I could fix it. But after really listening to what he was saying he was describing what he did to his recent opponent. After the Righetti wrestler pointed out his opponent it was obvious the other boy was injured.
I was so impressed that this wrestler actually had the sportsmanship to admit what he had done. After working as an Athletic Trainer for 10 years I have noticed that high school kids have a downward slide in sportsmanship. So either the coach is doing a good job of coaching or his parents are doing a good job of parenting.

No comments: