Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2017

I'm kinda famous (it depends on how old you are)

Yep, that is me in the yellow dress holding the cup. 


I didn't think people still used this sacrament picture since it is so old. I remember going into the Distribution Center the first time and seeing the new picture. I was so sad I got replaced by a cute Polynesian girl.

If I remember right, it was the beginning of 2nd grade and my Mom picked me up early from school that day. We went to our chapel and we sat in those seats for HOURS! At least that was what it felt like. I felt bad for the deacon because he had to lean over for hours. But after we took a break everyone was worried about my finger, but it was fine. The little boy couldn't sit still, so I was wondering if he would be in the final picture. Remember this was the early '80's before digital cameras.

The lady that picked people for church pictures was in our ward when we lived in Centerville, Utah. I was in another picture with this family for the Ensign, it was about blended families. The church wanted to do a sacrament picture, but they wanted to add another kid to the family, so since I looked more like them than my own family, so I got picked. Plus I had the cute blonde kid thing goin' on back then.


This is my cousin Mary Ann. She was picked for the picture because she was 8 years old and my Uncle Don was a graphic artist for the church. Actually, I think my Uncle Don is the hands on the left. I think it was the old Valiant B Primary manual where me, Mary Ann, and her younger brother Chris were all in the picture section of the lesson book. My Grandma Riding had a copy of it and I remember seeing her copy in her bedroom after she died. 

No comments: