Pages

Monday, February 20, 2017

My DNA

Dave's Christmas present to me was the Ancestry DNA test. I got the results Saturday. 



I was surprised that my Great Britain was only 35% because I thought it would be higher. I was also surprised that I had any Irish at all, but my dad was adopted, so who knows who his birth mom dna is. My dad's birth dad and my Grandma Riding were siblings, so that side dna is the same. I have always know my dad had a weird through the family adoption. I don't like mentioning the birth family because the dad was convicted of a major crime, but not until he was 80ish years old, he died last year. I can never thank my Grandparents enough for adopting my dad and preventing me from being one of his victims. 

My Grandpa Jensen's family is from Denmark and England, so I was hoping to find out if the British DNA was eventually Viking or Saxon. 




I wasn't surprised I had Europe West DNA. Recently someone has done some genealogy on my female line and they finally linked them to Germany. But the other trace regions were a surprise.




Finally, there were West Asia trace regions which was a serious surprise. Those ancestors must be pretty far back.

No comments: