Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

BYU 50th Ballroom Dance Company Reunion and Concert

(This is Kurt and Autumn in "Blue Danube". Little girls loved this because they all wanted to be the princess.)

In 1999, I had the privilege of going on tour with BYU's Ballroom Dance Company to South Africa. The truth is I just wanted a free trip back to South Africa, but while on tour I learned that dancers get cooler injuries than athletes. So I became addicted and went back to school for my Master's at BYU and worked in the Dance Training Room and went on tour with BDC again in 2004 to England, Belgium, France, and Spain, which included the Blackpool competition. This is the 50th year of ballroom at BYU, so there was a fun reunion with lots of activities to see my former dancers and tech crew. When you spend a month on a bus with 50 people, you get to know each other pretty well. These people are like my brothers and sisters, you miss them when they are not around and you hope everything goes well in their life.

At the UN in Belgium
(Lee said fall, so we did. I'm on the right, the only one with sunglasses and a white headband.)

No comments: