Pages

Sunday, August 23, 2009

reading

I've read two good books lately that I would suggest to everyone.
The first is Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. She moves to Italy, India, and Indonesia to learn pleasure, spirituality, and balance in life. I don't know what else to say, but go read it, Oprah liked it too.


The second is the biography of Henry Eyring called Mormon Scientist: The Life and Faith of Henry Eyring by one of his grandsons Henry J. Eyring. I really liked this book, especially since I am about to start my PhD. If anyone has questions about conflict between science/evolution and faith/creation you should really read this book because Professor Eyring is really good at not seeing a conflict. One of the things I didn't know was that he was at Princeton when all those other famous scientists, like Einstein, were doing that great research. I don't want give away anything, but I did learn a lot from this book, so go read it!


No comments: