Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

Since my Mom is still up in Boise to help Corey and Sara with Brylee and Caimon I only got to talk to her on the phone while everyone was taking a Sunday afternoon nap.

I also spoke in church. They said not to do a traditional Mother's Day talk, so I was assigned President Hinckley's talk "If Thou Art Faithful." My Mom asked if I told everyone about how my Grandma Jensen wrote lessons for the Relief Society manual in the 1970's. In one of the lessons Grandma used my Mom's name in a story. And they gave out flowers to everyone, mine are pretty!


Mother's day is also special because it was my last sunday on mission. I can't believe it has been 12 years since I lived in South Africa. Just crazy!

Plus it was my parent's 37th wedding annversary this week. I always forget if it is the 11th or 12th of May.

Saturday was the Young Women's Girls Camp fundraiser. We earned lots of money, hopefully it will be enough to cover the rafting? We did a spaghetti dinner, with desert, a farmer's market, and the girls really wanted to do a karoke auction. That was funny!

The Farmer's Market

How did the boys end up taking money for the desserts?

Andrea taking her turn doing karoke!

No comments: