Pages

Monday, April 13, 2009

Solvang

At the gym (Ok, so I don’t get up at 6am like my cousin Lisa, but I will beat my brother Corey up Bear’s Hump @ Waterton this summer!) they have a pile of magazines I read from. There is this great article in Good Housekeeping April 2009 called “What Thin Women Know” by Valerie Frankel on page 117. My favorite advice was #6 “Socialize on your feet Thin people make plans to ‘do something.’ Fat-thinkers make plans ‘for dinner.’”

With that in mind I have been dying to go to Solvang to check it out. Solvang is a town about 30 minutes from Santa Maria. It was settled by some Danish settlers at the last turn of the century. The buildings all are from the Danish style; the main square is made to look like a village in Denmark. I really wanted to go since half my ancestors are from northern Denmark. Last week one day, all the games and practices were cancelled because of the rain. So I went down to Solvang, however it was kinda late and almost all the businesses were closed. I will need to go back when the town is more alive. But I still took some pictures.

I didn't know our Congressman's office was in Solvang!



Hans Christian Andersen



This is the drive to Solvang, kinda pretty :)



The bakery where I got this really yummy Danish chocolate thingy.



In front of one of the many buildings with a windmill.

No comments: