Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2008

book to movie

I didn't watch BYU get beat by Utah in football because I went to see Twilight with a friend from my ward and her daughter. I was so distracted by the differences from book to movie that I couldn't enjoy it. My cousin Lisa mentions on her facebook page some things that bugged her about the movie, which I totally agree:

* Jasper looked like a deer in the headlights and had horrible hair. They didn't develop his or Alice's characters enough.
*The film flowed well in some points, with great acting, scenery, and music and then would all of a sudden flip abruptly out of context. It was almost like it was flip-flopping between two different directors.

*The screen play added some comedic elements that I was pleasantly surprised by; however, there were parts where Edward and some of the other characters just looked plain silly. In the scene where they meet in Biology class, I imagined him gripping the table and acting stiff, not covering his nose like she just let one. Not sure if it was bad acting or bad direction.
*A few of the special effects were amazing...others involving Edward looked bizarre. Let's face it, they are meant to be bizarre, but not look stupidly bizarre.


I especially agree about Alice and Jasper's characters. Plus I wanted to add my own critique. What is up with the VERY up close, up the nose, camera shots? The camera was WAY to close to their faces in a lot of the movie.
Summit Entertainment just announced that New Moon has been greenlit. I just hope they listen to what the fans have to say about Twilight and fix it for New Moon!

3 comments:

Denae said...

Great to hear the comments about the movie. I was thinking of picking up the book then seeing the movie after the read. Why is it that the book is always better? Except for Gone With the Wind. :)

AJ said...

So agree with your take on the movie. I thought the running parts were silly and I too was WAY TOO DISTRACTED by the differences between the book and movie. I was sad they left out the part of typing blood in bio class. That is funny. And did you notice Bella never once asked to become a vampire in the movie. Not once. And I thought the Carlile character was a poor choice.

Long response, but I had to voice it. Peace out.

Teri's Blog said...

Except Davinci Code, they put everything in the book in the movie, except the brother at the end.